This week’s installation of what I learned is being brought to you by the coffee that I thought I gave up. Being that we stayed up way-extra-late last night…I’m indulging so that I may write! And also, nothing can really replace real-live coffee 😉 So this week I learned:
- I learned that I missed last week’s post! But it’s ok because while I wasn’t writing, I was out shooting a gorgeous wedding for a sweet couple! They were super fun to spend the day with and I can’t wait to share the images!
- I’ve learned that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays–fireworks, barbeques, warm summer rain and shirtless little boys catching fireflies are awesome.
- I’ve learned that I surprise people with how patriotic I am–I actually cry during the National Anthem. It moves me. My father’s family gave up a lot to move here and LOVED the fact that they became Americans.
- I’ve learned that I love the fact that my neighbors bought about 50 fireworks last night–we didn’t even have to leave our backyard! We sat on our back porch listening to Matisyahu barbequing flank steak, and watching fireworks light up literally right in our faces! It was so fun, reliving fireworks through children is exciting again!
- I’ve learned that I loooove shooting in a chocolate shoppe! More photos to come–right after I finish this huge thank you box of chocolates…
- I’ve learned that I’m really proud of myself for memorizing “to and from” directions from my house to Pittsburgh. I love going to the city, but the fear of getting lost has held me back, and then I got a GPS…and I didn’t even need it yesterday. Woohoo!
- I’ve learned that I have missed my ritual of morning coffee. Tea just isn’t the same…
- I’ve learned that I can shoot in the rain, and it doesn’t bother me at all. It reminds me of Ireland, and makes me happy. An overcast, moody sky is so gorgeous and romantic to me…it inspires me to shoot something emotional.
- I’ve learned that caramel made with honey and macadamia nuts is my absolute new favorite candy…I could literally order a slab just for myself!
- I’ve learned that doing puzzles with my oldest son is a very relaxing and satisfying activity. We talk, we help each other out, and he’s so excited when he gets a section put together. He’s growing up and I’m so proud of who he’s become.
- I’ve learned that revisiting your wedding day can cheer up a bad day! I love hearing from my girls that they were uplifted by seeing their blog post, like this doll face bride!
- I’ve learned that I’m always the one to make the beer run! I’m dependable and responsible! And also, always the DD.
- I’ve learned that I really want to write a book, but…have no idea how to do it.
- I’ve learned that I love the British Comedy and Dramas…anything on the BBC is awesome!
I’m ending this post with a lovely breakfast photo. The wonderful white-chocolate-raspberry scone was purchased from Boldy’s Bakery, paired with my favorite coffee mug! Ta-rah!